Monday, November 2, 2015

Kit Kat Milkshake


I hope everyone had an amazing Halloween! Whether you dressed up or not, I hope you at the least got to eat a TON of candy. I definitely ate more than I should have, and since we got almost no trick or treaters, I have an absurd amount of candy leftover. And while I'm more than happy to just eat it straight, it's always fun to mix it up into something new.

A milkshake is my favorite way to go about this.  Three years ago, I shared a Snickers and Pretzel Milkshake and it was a huge, huge success. I thought it was such a great way to use up my favorite goodies from Halloween as a kid, so I wanted to make a new version this year. My tastes have changed since I made that milkshake--back then I was a die-hard Snickers fan, but today, I'm all about Kit Kats.




This Kit Kat milkshake is just your basic chocolate milkshake with a lot of Kit Kats blended in. There's nothing crazy about it, but nevertheless, it's pretty amazing. A couple scoops of chocolate ice cream (or any other flavor you want) get blended together.  The mixture is then poured into a tall glass that's been drizzled with hot fudge or chocolate sauce, and is topped off with a generous dollop of freshly whipped cream and finished with two more Kit Kat bars. 




The great thing about milkshakes (aside from how easy and quick they are to make) is that you can customize them however you want to suit your tastes.  Change up the ice cream flavor, add sauces and mix ins, swap the candy bars, and add as much milk as you want to get just the right texture.  I chose to leave this one a little on the thick side (think along the lines of a Shake Shack concrete), but if you prefer a more drinkable milkshake, simply add some more milk. 


So whether you have a ton of candy leftover that needs to be used up or a seriously bad case of the Monday's, this Kit Kat milkshake should clear up all your troubles. Enjoy!

Kit Kat Milkshake

5 scoops chocolate ice cream (or any other flavor)
8 fun size Kit Kat bars (or any other chocolate bar)
1/4 - 1/3 cup milk, to taste
chocolate sauce, for drizzling
freshly whipped cream, for topping

Directions

In a blender, combine the ice cream, Kit Kats, and milk.  Blend until smooth.  Pour the milkshake into a tall glass, add a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and top with more Kit Kats.  Enjoy! 



Makes 1 large milkshake

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...